Location: East Coast or West Coast
You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Research Science team will report directly to the head of Quality Control/Quality Assurance. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you.
NPD’s Research Science Group works to ensure that NPD’s market information is of the highest quality; in particular, that it is reliable, accurate, and complete. This position exists on the Quality Control team within the Methodology group, a core function in Research Science that is responsible for all aspects of producing and delivering quality data. Within the Methodology team that designs and implements the systems that produce quality data, the Quality Control group is responsible for designing and implementing the processes that monitor and analyze resulting outcomes as well as identify and resolve issues which may compromise quality. These processes include QC/QA of elements including:
- Data Editing and Outlier Controls
- Calibration and Benchmarking
- Final data outcomes
- Design, build and implement QC/QA reports/tools focused on outcomes critical to client needs that are automated, standardized wherever possible and inclusive of advanced issue detection mechanisms to drive enhanced quality control
- Promote consistency and best practices in the implementation of QC/QA processes across different businesses and geographies
- Maintain relationships with Research Services client teams to ensure adoption of QC/QA processes with close coordination on best practices and continuous improvement
- Align with other team members to ensure that we are focused on the most critical outcomes
- Communicate results and procedures to internal clients.
- Strong understanding of data collection and analytical processes
- Detail-oriented with strong organization/project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines
- Ability to communicate ideas and analytic results effectively both verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven success in ability to consult and to interact effectively with senior internal clients
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Proficiency in SAS or R is preferred
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.