The Research Analyst is responsible for leading the day-to-day methodologies, processes, procedures, and data quality review for both Consumer surveys and/or POS (Point-of-Sale) data in the US across multiple industries. He/She will focus on identifying and resolving all data quality issues related to methodology.
Additionally, the Research Analyst will be responsible for assisting in developing data analysis and presentations to internal and/or external clients.
- Maintenance of the consumer and POS data methodologies to ensure the most accurate representation of the industry size and trends.
- Accountable for data validation and issue investigation on all consumer survey data during every production cycle.
- Execute changes to consumer and/or POS methodology (i.e., calibration, projection, editing, new categories, etc.) during scheduled upgrades.
- Provide insights and make value-added contributions toward the improvement of methodologies and processes.
- Maintain all documentation on methodologies, processes and procedures to ensure a reference log of decisions made.
- Routinely interact with Business Unit and Operations Management.
- Partner with Client Development, Retail Business Group, Panel, and Operations teams to achieve goals.
- Maintenance of new Point of Sale (POS) projection methodology.
- Deliver internal and external client presentations regarding methodology and data challenges.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree, preferably in social sciences, market research, statistics or equivalent.
- Excellent quantitative, verbal and written communication skills; keen interest in analyzing data and being able to explain it to others.
- Strong understanding of data collection and analytical processes.
- Knowledge of tools such as SPSS, SAS and/or R is desired but not required.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Detail-oriented with strong organization/project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills to both small and large groups.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.