About this Job
The New York City Department of Education’s Bronx Borough Office in collaboration with the Superintendent Offices from Districts 7-12 in the Bronx and High Schools in the 5 boroughs are seeking teachers who are interested in working in our schools.
We are seeking NYS certified teachers in ALL license areas for grades Pre-K to 12!
- Candidates must currently have a NYS certification, be certified by September, OR be a part of an alternative certification program (such as The Teaching Fellows, Teach for America, or the Teaching Collaborative)
- Candidates with certification in Special Education, Bilingual, Foreign Language (preferably Spanish and French), ENL, Physical Education and core (Mathematics, English and Science) subjects areas are especially needed.
The New York City Department of Education offers all teachers:
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Benefits
- Pension and Retirement Benefits
- Tax Deferred Annuity Program
- Employee Discounts
About The NYC Department of Education
The New York City Department of Education is the largest school system in the United States, with over 1.1 million students taught in more than 1,800 schools.