ABOUT THE RESOLUTION PROJECT
At The Resolution Project (Resolution), we believe that young people can—and should—be the change our world so desperately needs. Founded in 2007, Resolution's mission is to develop socially responsible young leaders and empower them to make a positive impact today. Through our Social Venture Challenges and Resolution Fellowships, we identify, fund, mentor, and support undergraduate students starting social enterprises to solve some of the world’s most persistent and challenging problems, from healthcare access to climate change. We believe that by empowering young people to bring local, scalable solutions to their communities, we can create a generation of socially responsible leaders committed to building a more just and sustainable world. Today, 500 Resolution Fellows, in more than 75 countries and 20 U.S. states, are implementing over 300 social ventures in high-impact fields such as sustainable development, gender equality, healthcare, and humanitarian relief. Their efforts have benefited 2.7 million people and counting. We are now seeking exceptional talent to join our growing staff!
The Development Associate will work closely with the Director of Development to support all aspects of Resolution’s development activities, including corporate partnerships, foundation support, major gifts, annual giving, community fundraising, and development-related logistical and administrative support. The candidate must be excited and able to contribute to the creative growth of Resolution; help manage key development projects and processes; handle multiple projects and ensure deadlines are met; and develop a deep understanding of Resolution’s programs and impact.
The candidate must have a flexible schedule, and be prepared to join phone and in person meetings earlier and later than regular business hours, including some weekends.
Work collaboratively with organizational leadership, professional staff, and volunteers to support fundraising goals and organizational growth as follows:
Direct Fundraising Activities
• Develop, draft, and edit letters of inquiry, proposals, PowerPoint presentations, and grant reports.
• Assist in the development and implementation of email campaigns and other appeals, social media fundraising, and other donor communications.
• Manage the day-to-day activities of Resolution’s community fundraising, including Team Resolution, our peer-to-peer fundraising group.
• Generate targeted prospect research for individual, corporate, community, and foundation funding (training available).
Logistical and Administrative Fundraising Support
• Provide administrative support for donor and prospect management processes, including:
◦ Coordinating, creating, and distributing donor materials and collateral
◦ Coordinating gift acknowledgements, tax receipts, and financial receivables
◦ Tracking donor and grant information in the Salesforce database
• Manage a comprehensive calendar of development-related events and deadlines.
• Provide administrative and logistical support to the Events team as needed on all event functions.
Other Related Duties, As Requested
The Resolution Project seeks candidates who are results-oriented and have strong project management and organizational skills. The Development Associate must have:
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience. Fundraising experience a plus.
• Vigilant attention to detail and demonstrated commitment to meeting high-quality standards on a tight schedule.
• High level of professionalism with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with staff and volunteer leadership, as well as external partners.
• Ability to handle sensitive information about donors, team members, Resolution Fellows, methodologies, etc. with discretion and good judgment.
• Passion for young people making an impact, and commitment to social change and social entrepreneurship.
• Computer literacy, including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite. Familiarity with social media channels, simple graphic design, and WordPress are a plus.
• Experience with donor database software (Resolution uses Salesforce) preferred. Training on our system is available.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Friendly and outgoing personality, a sense of optimism and enthusiasm, and dedication to teamwork.
• Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others.
Resolution does our best to provide a competitive benefits package to our team. Full-time Resolution staff members have access to a range of health plans as well as coverage for dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Full time staff also have access to generous paid time off and robust professional development opportunities. In addition, employees may opt into FSA, HSA, transit check, and other voluntary insurance policies.