RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Implement multi-week or discrete one-off STEAM workshops, classes, special events and programs for PreK-12 students, and adults
- Assist with department-wide weekday, weekend, and evening educational programs, including workshops, classes, seminars, demonstrations, and public programs.
- Collaborate closely with Programs Team and assist with STEM Alliance-wide responsibilities as needed, including but not limited to push-in STEAM enrichment programs, curriculum development, STEM Coach responsibilities for the Virtual Mentoring program, special events, professional development, subsidized community-based programs, and more
- Confirm assignments with Program Manager and booking calendar
- Be available to pick up any educational materials needed for program if not already provided at the site
- Maintain all assigned program materials and report any altered condition to Program Manager
- Be aware of other pending programs needing same supplies and return in timely manner
- Arrive at site at least 20 minutes prior to delivery of program to check in with site coordinator and set up
- Allocate enough time to clean up all materials from program and leave the site exactly how it was found
- Provide regular updates by completing feedback form provided by Program Manager about the status and on-going work of the program including information about curriculum, inventory, student experience, parental interactions, and site for each program.
- Respond to emails and communications from administrators and assigned agency contacts (school coordinator, librarian, etc.) promptly and within 24 hours unless there are extenuating circumstances or if it’s over a weekend/holiday when replies can be within the next business day.
- Mentor assigned young adult interns to provide direct guidance and instructions for maximum effectiveness and complete written evaluation of intern performance.
- Enforce the highest level of safety for participants at all times
- Attend all required trainings, team meetings and professional development workshops assigned by Director of Program Development and/or Program Manager
- I9 Form including required identification to show employment eligibility
- Background checks for all non-Mamaroneck School District employees
- Two professional references
- College degree or working towards a college degree ?
- Must have transportation – work is at sites across Westchester County
REQUIRED PROGRAM DATES & TIMES:
Program dates, times and lengths vary and can often be set to match your schedule
$15-$40 per/hour based on experience and expertise