The R&D Foods & Refreshment Intern will learn about all aspects of a food company through team meetings and cross-team projects.
• Work as part of the R&D team on the development and formulation of new products and
product renovation. This includes hands-on benchtop work, project research, and ingredient sourcing.
• The R&D intern must be ready to roll up their sleeves and get comfortable in an R&D Lab or
• Participate in cross-team workstreams such as recipe/concept ideation and innovation sessions.
• Support the team with ordering, packing, and shipping any necessary supplies.
This role is based in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
About You – Necessary ingredients
Are you a doer? A problem solver? An explorer on a culinary journey? You’ll be in good company that would be delighted to have you aboard. We’re doing things differently, and we need your help. Here are the requirements of the role:
• Eager to learn about the food industry.
• Must be proactive, highly organized, and have good time management ability.
• Seeking a learning role in a fast-growing and entrepreneurial environment.
• Willingness to be flexible, work with ambiguous tasks, and be self-motivated.
• Pursuing a college degree or equivalent. (Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering)
• Previous experience in food science, R&D, or culinary arts preferred.
• Love of food required!
The Special Sauce – Figuratively speaking (though we also make special sauce)
If you’re looking for an entrepreneurial, fast-paced startup environment, you’ll thrive at Unilever
But there’s more to it than that. If you’re naturally curious and seek to contribute at a purpose-driven food company, you’ll feel at home here.
• Opportunity to contribute at a fast growing and entrepreneurial company
• All the condiments (with character) you can eat
We believe food is the most powerful human connector. To protect that superpower, we work to defend the dignity of food.
We reimagine ordinary and overlooked food with fearless integrity and charm.
1— Our secret ingredient is people.
We elevate the creative, analytical and entrepreneurial power of our team and partners to solve the biggest challenges.
2 — We act with honor, even when no one is looking. We do what is right and build genuine, lasting relationships based on honesty and trust.
3 — We put special sauce on everything.
We look for the diamond in the rough. Infusing every product, experience, and
relationship with magic.
4 — We think long term, yet act in short order.
We are patient enough to make big things happen, yet get the job done now – even when the job to be done is not our job at all.
Where We Impact:
Plate – Food is not a thing, it’s an experience.
We create stand-out sensory experiences that connect people to each other, to nature,
and to culture. Tasting our products should remind you why you love food in the