ackground & Purpose of the Job
A process development engineer is generally expected to conduct the following work activities as part of a project team:
- Assessment of technical feasibility of potential processes and identification of process related items such as capital requirements and safety considerations.
- Development of prototype processes and products. This work is conducted jointly with product developers
- Scale up promising prototypes to pilot scale. Develop processes and identify potential manufacturing issues including special handling of new or unique ingredients.
- Development of process specifications and operating procedures. Participation in plant trials to validate pilot plant/R&D work
- Transition of projects from R&D into the supply chain.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
- Undergraduate with Sophomore or Junior status based with Coursework/Major in Chemical Engineering
- Ability to conduct an experimental program to generate relevant, high-quality data with subsequent data analysis and interpretation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to work under pressure in order to meet project deadlines
- Willingness to relocate
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
This Internship Opportunity is available at the following Unilever locations: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Trumbull, CT