To receive communication about your application, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application. Please check your spam folder if you are expecting communication
Background & Purpose of the Job
Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. On any given day, 2 billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Refreshments, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. In the United States, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Degree, Dove personal care products, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, Klondike, Knorr, Lipton, Magnum, Nexxus, Noxzema, Popsicle, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto, TIGI, TRESemmé and Vaseline. We are developing our brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow – aiming to make sustainable living commonplace.
Unilever offers vast and exciting career paths within R&D. Creating new innovations and enhancing our existing brand portfolio – it’s all yours in Unilever’s R&D product development function. Work alongside brilliant and inspiring business leaders and colleagues. If you want to feel proud of what you do and make others proud too, join us. Get a glimpse into life at Unilever and discover how you can help make a better business, a better world and a better you.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
We are looking for a motivated individual to work as a team member in our Science and Technology – Human Biology group to provide Unilever with world class capability to launch premium skin care products to the marketplace. The candidate will perform hands-on cellular and molecular biology experiments to generate scientific insights on Healthy Skin Aging. This will involve designing and executing experiments, analyzing and interpreting data, including in silico analysis of internal and/or external ‘omics data, to evaluate experimental hypotheses. Candidate will also utilize computational methods to connect and integrate experimental results and publicly available data to identify consistent and relevant biological mechanisms. The individual needs to be able to work in a detail-oriented and safe manner. The position requires strong communication and excellent team-working skills.
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: Scientific curiosity and a passion for learning and applying new methods.
• You’re a strategy guru: Able to manage conducting laboratory research, analyze /interpret data, and integrate insights in silico with publicly available data sets.
• You’re a story teller: You will present your project and results to stakeholders and senior management
• You’re a culture & change champion: You bring your own experiences and uniqueness to the team, which is valued in our inclusive work environment
What You’ll Need To Succeed
– Graduate student with Coursework in Cellular or Molecular Biology (or related field) and Bioinformatics, Statistics (or related field).
– Minimum G.P.A of 3.0
– Hands-on experience in academic or industrial laboratory with mammalian cell culture and measuring cellular responses highly preferred
– Computer Programming a plus
– Time management skills to coordinate conducting laboratory work, recording of experimental protocol /results in Electronic Notebook, and writing of scientific reports.
– Ability to work as part of a team as well as to think and act independently
– Fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check