Benefits & Payroll Assistant
Veterinary Care Group (VCG)
Whitestone, NY/Remote Optional
Who is Veterinary Care Group?
Veterinary Care Group started out as an idea by some seasoned veterinarians who are passionate about their work and were looking to change the current veterinary experience by creating a fulfilling journey in which to build long lasting relationships with clients and their pets. At VCG, we believe in people power. Veterinary care is a noble profession and everything starts with the heart: Love, Honesty, Teamwork, and Dedication. We are seeking a highly capable, talented individual to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Benefits & Payroll Intern.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a student currently enrolled in a Human Resource Management program or related program with basic knowledge and/or relevant experience in employee benefits, insurance, and payroll. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, passionate, has excellent listening skills, and adaptable to change. You will be reporting directly to the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator, Kar Lee.. You will have the opportunity as Benefits & Payroll Assistant to be trained in new areas and expand your knowledge of current practices by applying them to real-life situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide payroll and benefits administration support to a high-growth organization.
- Follow up with employee questions and concerns regarding benefits and insurance.
- Assist Payroll & Benefits coordinator with issues related to Paycom (Human Resource Tracking System).
- Assist Payroll & Benefits coordinator with administrative tasks such as following up with new hire documentation including, but not limited to I-9 documents, questions regarding onboarding, and data entry for new and existing employees.
- Other job duties/special projects as assigned.
- Strong administrative skills, including organization, ability to proactively follow up on ongoing projects, and strict attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to research and to get to the bottom of system issues that may arise.
- Understanding of HR best practices and general HR administration with an eagerness to learn about current employment legislation and industry trends within the HR space.
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively.
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Currently enrolled in Human Resource Management or business program
Please send all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
We can’t wait to hear from you!