New York Aquarium Internship Program
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY BEING ACCEPTED FOR CANDIDATES AVAILABLE TO START IN September 2020
Assist the animal care staff in the husbandry of sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters and penguins
- Must be 18 years of age (no exceptions)
- Commitment of 3 days a week for 20 weeks, 4 days a week for 15 weeks or 5 days a week for 12 weeks (no exceptions) for internship.
If unable to make commitment to internship, various volunteer positions are available. Please visit https://nyaquarium.com/volunteering/animal-exhibits-department .
- Fulltime college student or recent graduate
- Interest in pursuing career in animal care or conservation work
- Be able to lift 50lbs.
- Be physically able to perform laborious tasks in extreme weather conditions and fast paced environment
- Have the ability to work well in a busy and fast-paced environment
- Option to memorize and perform one educational narration
- SCUBA Certification optional
- Provide own housing and transportation
- Spanish language proficiency encouraged
- Prepare daily diets
- Clean and maintain all animal and food preparation areas
- Assist in training sessions and feedings
- Narrate exhibit feeds
- Schedule and administer daily enrichment
- Participate in classes on animal training and complete a shaping plan
- Assist staff with ongoing behavioral projects
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject “Sea Cliffs Internship”. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit the volunteer page at https://nyaquarium.com/volunteering/animal-exhibits-department