Assistant Behavior Intervention Specialist (ABIS)
Locations: Seaford, NY or Levittown, NY.
YAI is now hiring compassionate people looking to grow in the field of Mental Health and Behavioral Health Counseling. Join our team of ambitious professionals helping people with intellectual and developmental disabilities achieve their fullest life possible!
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Behavior Intervention Specialist, the ABIS assists with the development of individual treatment plans and the implementation of behavioral goals for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Working hands-on teaching life skills and supporting activities of daily living, the ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for working with people with intellectual/developmental disabilities and a willingness to assist people in achieving their greatest level of independent functioning in the areas of personal grooming and hygiene, budgeting, communication, and socialization.
We are seeking someone with great attention to detail, creativity, and it is preferable to have previous experience working with people with disabilities.
- Bachelors in Psychology, Mental Health, Disability Studies, or related Social Service field preferred.
- Prior experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Immense attention to detail.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English reading, writing, speaking, computer skills necessary to record observations and monitor development.
- Willingness to assist people in achieving their greatest level of independent functioning in the areas of personal grooming and hygiene, budgeting, communication, and socialization.
- Ability to participate in 3-5 weekdays of paid NYS Mandated OPWDD initial training during normal business hours upon hire.
- Bonus Pay
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Extensive clinical and practical paid skills training
- Supportive supervision
- Growth-oriented work environment
- 100% Employer-paid Medical/ Dental
- Retirement Plan with matching contributions
- Discounts on wireless service, gym memberships, & more
For more information about the YAI Network, please visit our website at www.yai.org. YAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam or disabled veteran.
To keep our staff and the people we support safe, YAI follows all safety guidelines set forth by OPWDD regulations. All necessary PPE is available.