Handshake - Job and Internship Search
- Intuitive user interface
- Personalized opportunities
- Increased number of opportunities
- Employers eager to connect
- Company reviews
- Easy appointment requests and RSVP for Career Events
- Federal Work Study jobs and on-campus employment
To apply to positions on Handshake, a resume must be in the Mercy format and approved by a Career Coach. Upload your resume on Handshake for approval and review the Resume Guides located here.
Parker Dewey Micro Internships
A Micro Internship is a short term, project based, paid remote internship. This is a great opportunity to gain real world experience, make new connections with employers, AND get paid! Micro Internships can even lead to full time jobs upon graduation. In a tough job market, micro internships are wonderful ways to build your resume!
What are some examples of a Micro Internship?
- Website Content Manager
- Marketing Intern
- Social Media Coordinator
- Recruiting Intern
- Research Assistant
- Data Clean-Up
- And many more!
How to get started?
- Click here to learn more about Parker Dewey
- Setup a “Career Launcher” account
- Complete your profile (thoroughly)
- Apply for Projects!
Keep in mind these project-based internships are short time and hiring happens quickly. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL/SPAM FOLDERS AND CLEAR YOUR VOICE MAIL BOXES, so employers can easily contact you and hire you. Email email@example.com if you have any questions, good luck!
INROADS Internship Program
What is INROADS and why should I apply?
Founded by Frank C. Carr in 1970, the INROADS mission is to develop and place talented minority youth in business and industry and prepare them for corporate and community leadership. Today, INROADS is an international organization with over 28 offices serving nearly 2,000 Interns at over 200 companies.
- 80% of INROADS’ interns are first-generation students.
- 82% of INROADS’ interns accepted offers from the companies where they interned.
What are the qualifications for becoming an INROADS intern?
- GPA of 3.0 or above; any class level
- Majoring in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering (STEM), Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Cybersecurity, English, Spanish, Communications/PR, or Mathematics
- Must have at least 1 summer remaining before you graduate
Learn more about INROADS online: https://inroads.org/internships/apply/
HACU Internship Program
What is HACU?
“The Champions of Hispanic success in higher education”. HACU stands for the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities. Mercy University is one of HACU’s Hispanic Serving Institution members (go Mavs!).
HACU, the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities, has INCREDIBLE, life changing internships every semester. HACU partners with federal agencies and corporations across the country to provide them with some of the brightest and talented students (that’s you!).
What are the requirements to apply for the HACU National Internship program?
- Must complete Freshman year before the internship begins
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
What kind of internships does HACU offer?
HACU has many PAID internships to offer, below are a few examples that might be of interest:
Communications: Broadcast Journalism, Digital Communication, Graphic Design, Journalism
Information Technology: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Supply Chain and Logistics
Health Services: Epidemiology, Health Administration, Psychology (Clinical, Counseling), Public Health, Social Work, Translation/Interpretation(Medical English-Spanish)
Humanities and Social Sciences: Criminal Justice, English, History, International Affairs, Legal Studies, Political Science, Public Policy
……Business, Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Human Resources, and more! Click here for the full list opportunities.
When are HACU Internships offered?
HACU has internships in fall, spring, and summer semesters. Click here to see the deadlines for each semester and apply.